On The Fourth Day of Christmas
We made a lovely little Christmas decoration using French General's collection for Moda, Joyeux Noel.
You will need:
- A piece of Joyeux Noel - Atelier du Pere Noel (you could use any fabric that has a 5-10cm tall motif but this particular fabric lends itself beautifully to fussy cutting!
- a length of ricrac or very narrow ribbon
- two buttons
- dried cloves, cinnamon, and cranberries or toy stuffing or wool balls
1. Choose two designs and roughly cut them out with a border
2. Place the two pieces right sides together and line them up evenly and pin in place. You might want to hold them up to the light to get them spot on.
3. Make a loop out of your thread, ribbon or ricrac and fold it inside the two pieces of fabric with a little tail protruding out of the top. Hand stitch a few stitches to anchor it in place.
4. Stitch around the outside of the shape, making sure you leave a 3-5cm gap for turning. Make sure you reinforce the beginning and end of your stitching to make sure it doesn't split when turning.
5. Snip into the seam allowance at of corners, being really careful not to snip into your stitches!
6. Turn your decoration in the right way.
7. Here's the other side!
8. Fill with your chosen filling and hand stitch the opening shut
9. Hand sew the ricrac around the join and tie a bow at the top, underneath the hanging string
10. Thread a button onto the hanging string and you're done!
Check back next week for the first of our Christmas gift makes!