On the Twelfth Day of Christmas
We did some Christmas Embroidery!
Christmas day is now only a week away so this last installment of the 12 Makes series definitely has to be a QUICK PROJECT!!
We used Sweetwater's brilliant Multi Coloured Quilt Labels from the fantastic Holly's Tree Farm collection as the base fabric for this fast little make. It means that you can choose a festive design and have it presented beautifully - no fuss, no stress. In fact spending a little bit of time on this project was the perfect antidote to the craziness of this time of year. And because I didn't want to be stressing over how to get this looking perfect, I found a fantastic tutorial on how to do cute little holly leaves here at Needlenthread.com.
So here's how it works:
1. Grab yourself a tiny embroidery hoop, some embroidery thread, needle and fabric.
2. Measure a circle around the embroidery hoop big enough that the edges meet in the middle on the back of the hoop.
3. Choose and embroider your design on to the fabric.
4. sew a running stitch near the edge of the circle of fabric and draw it in tight to gather the excess fabric on the back of the hoop. Secure with a few stitches.
5. Find somewhere lovely to hang your gorgeously festive message!
You could use this project for all sorts of things: Labels for Christmas presents, embroider your Christmas lunch guests' names and use them as place settings, add a festive design and create napkin rings or sew tiny designs as Christmas decorations. Just the stress relief you get from a bit of hand embroidery is enough of an excuse in my book.
Have a stonkingly great Christmas, everyone. Thank you so much for all the lovely comments throughout the 12 Makes 2015 blog series. We really do appreciate it when you take the time to comment. Here's hoping you all have an amazing creative 2016, full of lots of sewing time!
Merry Christmas everyone, from all of us at Fabric HQ!