Fabric Basket Workshop - Friday 6th December 2019
Sorry, this product is sold out!
When: Friday 6th December, 9.30am - 2.00pm
Where: Fabric HQ, Layby Farm, Old Risborough Road, Stoke Mandeville, Buckinghamshire, HP22 5XJ.
Join Karen Chapman at the Make HQ Studio and learn how to construct a beautiful fabric basket that can be used to store all your bits and bobs. It would look fantastic in a nursery, on a shelf, or somewhere pretty to stash that fabric! Such a diverse basket that can be made bigger for future projects, you will want to make them all!
These sturdy fabric baskets can be made in three sizes that nest inside each other. In this workshop you will make the medium size which measures approx 5.5" x 5.5" x 7" high. Like all sizes it has the option of a pieced or whole central border constructed by the quilt as you go method. More quilting, lining and a separate binding give a really good quality feel.
*Instructions will be given for all three sizes for future use.*
Fabric requirements for medium basket:
- 2 pieces 12" X 10" of a heavier weight cotton (this is a foundation and won't be seen on the finished article) (or 1x FQ)
- 2 pieces 11" x 9 3/8" of fusible fleece (Provided by Fabric HQ & included within the price of this course)
- 2 pieces 3" x 12" and 2 pieces 6" x 12" of main fabric for outer (or 1x FQ)
- 2 pieces 2 1/2" x 12"
- 1 piece 12" wide x 18 3/4" deep of fabric for the lining - Please note this strip is not suitable for directional fabric. (or 1x FQ)
- 1 piece 2 1/2" x 23 1/2" fabric for the binding (or 1x Long Quarter)
- Acrylic square ruler
- Walking foot and matching thread.
- Usual sewing kit.
- Refreshments, Fusible Fleece and all tuition included.
Once you have signed up to the class you will receive a single use 10% off fabric discount code to be used at www.fabrichq.co.uk or in our shop. If you wish for us to email your discount code before the class so that it can be used online, please drop us an email. Please note this 10% class discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount offer.
You should receive a pre-read a least 10 days prior to the workshop date so please do contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not received this email - please do check your junk folder in case it's made it's way there first.