Memory Bear Workshop - Saturday 23rd November 2019
By Fabric HQ
When: Saturday 23rd November, 10.00am - 4.00pm
Where: Fabric HQ, Layby Farm, Old Risborough Road, Stoke Mandeville, Buckinghamshire, HP22 5XJ.
Memory Bear Workshop!
The very talented Janet Goddard will be teaching her ‘patchwork’ bear as a special reminder of your baby’s first years, to mark a special occasion or in memory of a special loved one. In this workshop you will transform pre-loved clothing or your special fabric into an everlasting keepsake. Janet is a very experienced tutor teaching regularly at the Festival of Quilts and at the Knitting and Stitching show and has also published books showcasing some of her wonderful designs and appeared in several magazines - Fabric HQ are super excited to welcome Janet to the Make Studio.
The bear is roughly 12" in height and this workshop is suitable for confident beginners and beyond.
During this work shop you’ll be learning how to:
- Accurately cut you fabric
- Sew curved seams
- Insert craft eyes and a felt nose
What you need to bring
- 3 fat quarters of contrasting fabrics or pieces of pre-loved clothes
- 1 metre of 1” wide ribbon
- Contrasting thread to match
- Your sewing machine
- Your normal sewing kit; scissors, pins, fabric marker, variety of machine needles and a seam ripper (just in case). If you don’t have all these items please don’t worry as they are available in class.
- Please also pop a sandwich in your bag for lunch or you may wish to pop next door to the café.
- 500g of polyester toy filling
- Teddy bear eyes
- A piece of black felt for the nose (if you would like a plastic nose as advertised in the picture you can pick these up online quite cheaply.
- Pattern instructions to take away
You should receive a pre-read a least 10 days prior to the workshop date so please do contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not received this email - please do check your junk folder in case it's made it's way there first.
If you are booking this workshop for someone else please let us know his or her name, email address and contact number so we can send on the workshop information prior to class. If you'd rather we didn't contact them because it was booked as a gift then please add this along with their details to the notes section.
Before booking please read our revised cancellation policy here terms and conditions
If this workshop is fully booked or you are unable to make this date please email email@example.com and we will add you to our waiting list for new up and coming classes.