Memory Bear Workshop - Saturday 23rd September 2017
By Fabric HQ
When: Saturday 23rd September, 9.30am - 4.30pm
Where: Fabric HQ, Layby Farm, Old Risborough Road, Stoke Mandeville, Buckinghamshire, HP22 5XJ.
Memory Bear Workshop
Join us to make a ‘patchwork’ bear as a special reminder of your baby’s first years, to mark a special occasion or in memory of a special loved one. In this workshop you will transform pre-loved clothing or your special fabric into an everlasting keepsake.
The bear is roughly 12" in height and this workshop is suitable for confident beginners and beyond.
During this work shop you’ll be learning how to:
- Use interfacing
- Accurately cut you fabric
- Sew curved seams
- Insert craft eyes
What you need to bring
- Your precious fabric, if using baby clothing you will need at least 8 newborn sleep suits. It’s always best to bring more than not enough.
- You can use any fabric you wish and if you bring the equivalent to a metre in your choice of fabrics it will be plenty to make up the bear.
- Thread to match your fabrics.
- Your normal sewing kit; scissors, pins, fabric marker, variety of machine needles and a seam ripper (just in case). If you don’t have all these items please don’t worry as they are available in class.
- Please also pop a sandwich in your bag for lunch or you may wish to pop next door to the café.
- 1x metre of G700 interfacing
- Craft eyes
- Embroidery Thread
- Use of an embroidery machine should you wish to use one
- Pattern instructions to take away
You should receive a pre-read a least 10 days prior to the workshop date so please do contact email@example.com if you do not received this email - please do check your junk folder in case it's made it's way there first.
If you are booking this workshop for someone else please let us know his or her name, email address and contact number so we can send on the workshop information prior to class. If you'd rather we didn't contact them because it was booked as a gift then please add this along with their details to the notes section.
Before booking please read our revised cancellation policy here terms and conditions
If this workshop is fully booked or you are unable to make this date please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to our waiting list for new up and coming classes.