The Everyday Essential Clutch Wallet Workshop - 8th & 22nd September 2017
By Fabric HQ
When: Part 1 - Friday 8th September, 9.30am - 13.30pm
Part 2 - Friday 22nd September, 9.30am - 13.30pm
Where: Fabric HQ, Layby Farm, Old Risborough Road, Stoke Mandeville, Buckinghamshire, HP22 5XJ.
The Necessary Clutch Wallet Workshop - Intermediate Level (you will need to know how to use a rotary cutter and how to insert a zip.)
Amie of Sew Much Havoc will show you how to make your very own Necessary Clutch Wallet. This isn’t your normal purse, not only is it gorgeous it’s also very useful as it will fit your money, cards, coins, mobile and even your lippy inside.
Over the course you will be taught step by step how to construct the Necessary Clutch Wallet, learning the following skills:
- How to efficiently cut your fabrics and utilise directional prints
- How to apply and use a variety of interfacings and stabilisers
- How to make card slots
- How to insert a zip and utilise zip tabs
- How to install a magnetic snap or twist lock
- All the tips and tricks to make sewing this pattern a breeze
The finished size is approximately:
- Length: 8” (20 cm) across bottom
- Height: 4” (10 cm)
- Depth: 1” (25 cm) wide at bottom
What you need to bring:
- 1 Fat Quarter (18” x 20) Exterior front flap (quilting cotton)
- 1 Fat Quarter (18” x 20) Exterior fabric (quilting cotton)
- 1 Fat Quarter (18” x 20”) Lining fabric (quilting cotton)
- 0.5 m Pocket fabric (quilting cotton)
- Sewing Machine
- Sewing machine needles for topstitching or denim these are typical size 100 needles.
- 10” or longer zip
- Your normal sewing notions such as pins, scissors etc.
- Threads to match your fabric
- Interfacing and stabilisers (1/2m G700 & 1/2m 250 interfacing per student)
- A full pattern to take home
- A twist lock or magnetic snap
- A step by step instruction sheet with all the tips and tricks (not included with the original pattern)
- Your tuition
There will also be a range of supplies available for you to use during the workshop including hardware glue and fray stop for installing the twist lock.
If you are booking this workshop for someone else please let us know his or her name, email address and contact number so we can send on the workshop information prior to class. If you'd rather we didn't contact them because it was booked as a gift then please add this along with their details to the notes section.
Before booking please read our revised cancellation policy here terms and conditions
If this workshop is fully booked or you are unable to make this date please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to our waiting list for new up and coming classes.