The Quilted Hamper Workshop - Saturday 27th April & 11th May 2019
By Fabric HQ
When: Part 1 - Saturday 27th April, 10.00am - 2.00pm
Part 2 - Saturday 11th May, 10.00am - 1.00pm
Where: Fabric HQ, Layby Farm, Old Risborough Road, Stoke Mandeville, Buckinghamshire, HP22 5XJ.
Skill Level: Advanced
Join Amanda Seaborne from Sewn-Up to make this versatile and compact mini Quilted Hamper designed by Beth Studley. Perfectly inspired by a vintage picnic hamper this beautifully shaped basket has any number of uses. It could make a fantastic lunch bag or make up bag made with laminated fabrics or why not use it as a craft basket and fill it with supplies. It would also make a really stunning gift basket for someone special. The pattern is aimed at experienced sewers but has over 2 dozen colour photos to help guide anyone who would like to make one.
The finished size is appropriately:
- 8" Wide
- 5 1/2" Deep
- 9 1/2" High
During this work shop you’ll learn how to:
- Efficiently use and accurately cut your fabric using a rotary cutter
- Use and apply interfacings
- Quilting your fabric
- Sewing darts
- Making & sewing curved binding - hand sewing included in this workshop
- Install magnetic snaps
What to bring:
- Your sewing machine
- Your normal sewing kit; scissors, pins, fabric marker, variety of machine needles and a seam ripper (just in case). If you don’t have all these items please don’t worry as they are available in class
- Main outside fabric – 0.5 metre
- Lining fabric – 0.5 metre
- Binding fabric – 0.5 metre
- Thread to match your chosen fabric
- 1/4" foot
- Walking foot
Please also pop some lunch in your bag or you may wish to pop next door to the café.
- A range of general haberdashery
- Interfacing (Style-vil foam 51cm)
- 2x Magnetic snaps
- Pattern instructions to take away
- Your tuition
*Please note there maybe homework in-between classes.
There will also be a range of haberdashery supplies for you to use in the workshop.