The 'Sew Together' Bag Workshop - Friday 13th & 27th October 2017
By Fabric HQ
When: Part 1 - Friday 13th October, 9.30am - 13.30pm
Part 2 - Friday 27th October, 9.30am - 13.30pm
Where: Fabric HQ, Layby Farm, Old Risborough Road, Stoke Mandeville, Buckinghamshire, HP22 5XJ.
The 'Sew Together' Bag Workshop - Intermediate Level (you will need to know how to use a rotary cutter and how to insert a zip.)
Make this fun, nifty little bag with its multiple zip compartments and pockets which are perfect for holding all your sewing notions. This bag will easily hold your 8" scissors, rotary cutter, marking pencils, seam ripper, extra needles, thread, snipers and much more. It will amaze you with how much it will hold and makes the perfect gift for the person who has everything.
Be warned there is something addictive about this bag!
The finished size is approximately:
- Length: 10”
- Height: 5”
- Depth: 5”
You will learn how to:
- How to efficiently cut your fabrics and utilise directional prints
- How to apply and use a variety of interfacings and stabilisers
- How to insert a zip and make zip tab ends
- How to make and attached binding
What to bring:
- Exterior Fabric – 1 fat quarter
- Lining Fabric – ½ metre
- Pocket Lining Fabric – ½ metre
- Binding fabric – 1 fat quarter
- 18” nylon #3 (these are the regular zips you would normally find in a haberdashery)
- 3 x 9” nylon #3 zips (these are the regular zips you would normally find in a haberdashery)
- The 'Sew Together bag' pattern
- 1/2m Fusible woven G700 interfacing
- 1 Fat Quarter of fusible fleece (h630 or h640)
- Workshop notes
- Your tuition
There will also be a range of haberdashery supplies for you to use in the workshop.
If you are booking this workshop for someone else please let us know his or her name, email address and contact number so we can send on the workshop information prior to class. If you'd rather we didn't contact them because it was booked as a gift then please add this along with their details to the notes section.
Before booking please read our revised cancellation policy here terms and conditions
If this workshop is fully booked or you are unable to make this date please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to our waiting list for new up and coming classes.