The Sunshine Wristlet Bag Workshop - Saturday 8th June 2019
By Fabric HQ
Book this or any of our other June workshop dates and you'll receive a voucher for 20% off fabric that can be spent at any time this year.
PLUS, you'll also receive a goodie bag worth £10! Once you've booked the class we'll send you a 20% off fabric voucher code and you'll receive your goodie bag at the end of your class.
When: Saturday 8th June 9.30am - 4.30pm
Where: Fabric HQ, Layby Farm, Old Risborough Road, Stoke Mandeville, Buckinghamshire, HP22 5XJ.
Join Zeiba Monod from Sew Special by ZM to make this gorgeous compact Sunshine Wristlet designed by Namrata Shroff from Bagstock Designs. This is a perfect day/evening bag that fits your everyday on the go needs. There are 2 versions of the Sunshine Wristlet. Front wristlet strap version and Side wristlet strap version. You will be making the side wristlet version in this workshop with the added option to had an additional side tab to attach an over the shoulder metal strap (extra hardware available to purchase for this option on the day)
- A interior zipper pocket
- A interior slip pocket
The finished size is appropriately:
- 7.25” tall
- 10.25” wide
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner/Intermediate
During this work shop you’ll learn how to:
- Efficiently use and accurately cut you fabric using a rotary cutter
- Use and apply interfacings
- Use D-rings, swivel clips and rivets
- Create external zip pockets
- Install a main bag zip
What to bring:
- Your sewing machine
- Your normal sewing kit; scissors, pins, fabric marker, variety of machine needles and a seam ripper (just in case). If you don’t have all these items please don’t worry as they are available in class
- Walking Foot
- Zipper Foot
- 1x Fat quarter quilting weight exterior fabric
- 3/4 metre quilting weight lining fabric
- 1x FQ or long quarter contrasting fabric, woven or vinyl
- One 6” #3 all-purpose zipper (interior zipper pocket)
- One 10” or bigger #5 all-purpose zipper (main zipper closure)
- Thread to match your chosen fabric
Please also pop some lunch in your bag or you may wish to pop next door to the café.
- G700 Interfacing 1/2 metre
- Fusible Foam Style - vil (1x long quarter)
- 1x 3/4” D-ring
- 1x 3/4” swivel clip
- 1/4" Double sided sticky tape
- Basting spray
- Instructions and pattern to take away
- Your tuition
There will also be a range of haberdashery supplies for you to use in the workshop.