Young Sewists Club - The Paper Bag Skirt - Wednesday 10th April 2019
By Fabric HQ
Young Sewists Club - The Paper Bag Skirt
When: Wednesday 10th April, 10.00am- 2.00pm
- How to accurately measure yourself to create your unique skirt
- How to construct a casing for a waistband
- How to make a tie belt
- How to hem a skirt
What to bring:
- Your own sewing machine
Left handed scissors if required
- Your normal sewing kit
- Your fabric (1x metre) - A lightweight polyester fabric that has a soft sheen is a perfect drape for this skirt - we stock a wide range of our Koshibo Fabric's in various of colours you will get to choose from here Koshibo Fabrics
- Waistband Elastic (1x inch wide)
- Interfacing to stabilise your skirt tie (H410)
- Additional workshop notes to take away
*Please note all ironing of fabric and pressing out seams will be done by the tutor.
On booking please include in the notes your child's name, age and an emergency contact number.
Before the class begins we will send you a pre-read which will include a list of everything you will need to bring and how much fabric you will need.
Please bring along your sewing machine, if you don’t have one no problem we can provide one but please let firstname.lastname@example.org know in advance. If bringing your own sewing machine please can we ask that you also bring along the manual. If you wish to borrow a sewing machine or sewing machine accessories there will be a returnable £10 cash deposit to be paid at the beginning of the workshop.