Class and workshop cancellation policy:
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE TO OUR CANCELLATION POLICY AS FROM 1ST JUNE 2017
To ensure you receive individual attention on our workshops we keep class sizes small. Therefore if you are unable to attend we cannot offer refunds on classes.
Occasionally we may have to reschedule a workshop. In the unlikely event of this happening we will offer you the opportunity to join a new class or in the event of you not being able to make the new date, we can issue you with a refund.
The term ‘Fabric HQ' or ‘us' or ‘we' refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- We do not give any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- This website also includes links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at email@example.com.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect
Fabric HQ is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Fabric HQ may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes made and contact us immediately if you are not. The current policy is effective from 23/05/18.
At Fabric HQ we are committed to keeping your data secure and have a data protection policy and procedures in place to arm against unauthorised access or disclosure. We never give out your details to third parties unless it is with your express permission.
What information we collect
Here is a list of what information we may collect about you:
Past order history
Where we store your information:
We may collect the following information: Name, telephone number, email address, postal address when you place an order with us online, in our shop or over the phone in order to help us process your order. No financial information is held on the site, all financial information is taken by Shopify or PayPal and we rely on, and regularly check, their data protection and privacy policies.
We use a password protected Google Calendar to keep track of our program of classes and workshops. If you sign up to one of our classes we may store your name, email address, telephone number and order number here in order to keep track of who is on a class, to be able to send you timely information regarding that class and to forward you class notes and information after the class has ended.
If you have requested that we notify you of specific upcoming classes, we may store your name, email address, telephone number and details of the class(es) you are interested in on an Excel spreadsheet which is password protected.
SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
We may collect information on you in order to do the following:
Process orders you place with us
Send you information about new products and classes
Send you information when you purchase a product or enrol for a class
Answer enquiries when you request information from us
No financial information is held on the site, all financial information is taken by Shopify or PayPal.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no or opt out at any time.
How long do you keep my data?
If you have opted to receive marketing material, we keep your data for as long as you wish to continue to receive this information. You can opt to not receive marketing emails from us at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails or by emailing us and requesting that we manually remove your details from our mailing list.
If you have purchased something from our online shop, we keep your details with your purchase information so that we can answer any future queries about that purchase.
If you are a member of our loyalty scheme, we keep your name and email address in order to keep track of what points you have earned at each purchase. If you choose to give us your birthday, we keep this date in order to give you extra loyalty points on your birthday.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at:
Layby Farm, Old Risborough Road Stoke Mandeville GB HP22 5XJ
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
We will never disclose your personal information unless we are required to do so by law
If you choose, when purchasing a Janome sewing machine, to have it delivered directly to you. We will always ask for your consent to pass your mailing address and telephone number to Janome before doing so.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
SECTION 4 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
Certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Our store uses Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at.
SECTION 5 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
SECTION 6 - COOKIES
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
PREF, persistent for a very short period, Set by Google and tracks who visits the store and from where
SECTION 7 - AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your country, state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your country, state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com or by mail at:
Privacy Compliance Officer
Old Risborough Road,