Free Motion Machine Quilting Workshop - Monday 8th October 2018
When: Monday 8th October, 10.00am - 12.00pm
Where: Fabric HQ, Layby Farm, Old Risborough Road, Stoke Mandeville, Buckinghamshire, HP22 5XJ.
Join Emma Dann at the Make HQ Studio and learn Free Motion Machine Quilting with a darning foot!
Emma will start with the very basics and talk you through all the tricks and tips for machine quilting with a darning foot. You will have the opportunity to practise all of the above and a range of designs, either by making samples or a cushion top with Emma there to assist your every move.
Level: Beginners (needs to know the basics of a sewing machine)
In this session you will learn:
- Preparing and setting up the machine and work area
- Gadgets to assist with machine quilting
- Suitable quilting designs
- Options for starting and finishing stitching
- Stitching and application techniques for larger projects
What to bring:
- You will require a darning foot for this workshop
- Thread - we recommned Auriful 50 weight
- 12" machine needles
- A cover plate if the feed dogs can’t be dropped on on your machine (please contact us if unsure)
- 1x FQ of plain fabric for the front
- 1x FQ of plain fabric for the backing
Please feel free to bring your own fabric if you wish but this has already been included in the course fee along with your tutition, notes to take away and your refreshments. Please note if you would like to chose the colour of your plain FQ's for the front and back of your samples then please do so prior to the class.
Please bring along your sewing machine, if you don’t have one no problem we can provide one but please let email@example.com know in advance. If bringing your own sewing machine please can we ask that you also bring along the manual. If you wish to borrow a sewing machine or sewing machine accessories there will be a returnable £10 cash deposit to be paid at the beginning of the workshop.
You should receive a pre-read a least 10 days prior to the workshop date so please do contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not received this email - please do check your junk folder in case it's made it's way there first.
Before booking please read our terms and conditions
If this workshop is fully booked or you are unable to make this date please email email@example.com and we will add you to our waiting list for new up and coming classes.