Overlocker Master Class - Saturday 9th June 2018
By Fabric HQ
Sorry, this product is sold out!
When: Saturday 9th June, 9.30am - 3.30pm
Where: Fabric HQ, Layby Farm, Old Risborough Road, Stoke Mandeville, Buckinghamshire, HP22 5XJ.
Grade: Overlockers for Beginners
Do you own an overlocker? Are you petrified of using it? Do you want to build your confidence?
This workshop is for absolute beginners or those who have done some overlocking but are not yet fully confident with threading, adjusting tension and use. In the morning you will learn the techniques and then in the afternoon you will put into practice everything you have learnt by making a cushion cover.
To book this workshop you must own your own 4 thread over locker and upon booking send the make and model details to Fabric HQ via email - email@example.com
You will learn how to:
- Thread and re-thread
- Adjust tension
- Clean your machine
- Replace needles
- Adjust stitch length and width
- Adjust the blade position and turn off the blade (if you have this function)
- Overlock woven fabrics
- Sew curves
- Tie off the chain stitches
- How to make a simple envelope cushion
What to bring:
- Your overlocker
- Machine manual, pedal and accessories (including the toolkit with tweezers, screwdrivers/allen keys).
- Half a metre of quilting cotton or home dec weight fabric for your cushion
- Various fabrics such as jersey if you want to learn to overlock stretch or any other fabrics
- 4 x 1000m thread cones – most machines come with white, which is fine.
- Your normal sewing notions such as pins, scissors etc.
- Coloured thread to practice threading and re-threading.
- Scrap fabric to practice
- Workshop notes
- Your tuition
There will also be a range of haberdashery supplies for you to use in the workshop.
You should receive a pre-read a least 10 days prior to the workshop date so please do contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not received this email - please do check your junk folder in case it's made it's way there first.
Once you have signed up to the class you will receive a single use 10% off fabric discount code to be used at www.fabrichq.co.uk or in our shop. If you wish for us to email your discount code before the class so that it can be used online, please drop us an email.
If you are booking this workshop for someone else please let us know his or her name, email address and contact number so we can send on the workshop information prior to class. If you'd rather we didn't contact them because it was booked as a gift then please add this along with their details to the notes section.
Before booking please read our revised cancellation policy here terms and conditions
If this workshop is fully booked or you are unable to make this date please email email@example.com and we will add you to our waiting list for new up and coming classes.