Tilly and the Buttons Francoise Dress
Sorry, this product is sold out!
SEW YOU OWN SIXTIES SHIFT DRESS!
Make a dress with help from this easy-to-follow sewing pattern. Françoise is a chic and easy-to-wear mini dress, inspired by sixties fashion yet always in style. The design features striking French darts and raglan seams. Choose from two-piece three-quarter length sleeves or a sleeveless version, with optional collar and waist tab.
With its simple flat sleeve construction method and jargon-busting instructions, this pattern makes a great first dress project for beginner sewists. More experienced stitchers can add the optional collar and play around with design variations - how about adding piping to the raglan seam lines?
SKILL LEVEL - Confident beginners
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Medium weight cotton, sateen or light twill, preferably with a bit of stretch; double crepe; linen; double knit. The sleeveless version would also be great in gabardine, quilting weight cotton, light wool or brocade.
- Fabric - 1.8m x 150cm wide (2 yards x 60in) OR 2.4m x 115cm wide (2 5/8 yards x 45in) (less for sleeveless version)
- Matching thread
- 56cm / 22in invisible zip
- Iron-on interfacing (about 30cm / 12in, similar weight to your fabric)
- Optional: 2 x 2.5cm / 1in buttons for the tab
- Optional: 1.2m x 35mm bias binding for sleeveless version (or you can make your own)
- Sewing machine and basic tools, incl invisible zip foot
SIZES (BODY MEASUREMENTS)
|1 (UK 6 / US 2 / EUR 34)||76cm (30in)||61cm (24in)||84cm (33in)|
|2 (UK 8 / US 4 / EUR 36)||81cm (32in)||66cm (26in)||89cm (35in)|
|3 (UK 10 / US 6 / EUR 38)||86.5cm (34in)||71cm (28in)||94cm (37in)|
|4 (UK 12 / US 8 / EUR 40)||91.5cm (36in)||76cm (30in)||99cm (39in)|
|5 (UK 14 / US 10 / EUR 42)||96.5cm (38in)||81cm (32in)||104cm (41in)|
|6 (UK 16 / US 12 / EUR 44)||101.5cm (40in)||86.5cm (34in)||109cm (43in)|
|7 (UK 18 / US 14 / EUR 46)||106.5cm (42in)||91.5cm (36in)||114cm (45in)|
|8 (UK 20 / US 16 / EUR 48)||112cm (44in)||96.5cm (38in)||119.5cm (47in)|
* = Approximate Width and Weight